Monday, April 2, 2012

Week Thirteen- Vintage Suitcases


I have a bit of an obsession with vintage suitcases.  I look for suitcases at garage sales and thrift stores that are in decent condition on the interior, but I don't mind some dings on the exterior.  All you need to a little Mod Podge and some fabric to give an old suitcase a facelift.  I don't think I paid more than $3 for any one of these suitcases.   What a deal!

Time to celebrate!  This was my 100th post.  The first 5 people to leave a comment for this post win a prize!

Don't forget to follow this blog.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Those are sweet changes to the suitcases!!! And I'm the first to comment?1? YEAH!

Unknown said...

Katie, email me at rethinkcrafts@gmail.com so I can get your info to send your prize! Thanks for commenting.

klyn said...

Beautiful suitcases! Love everything you do! Sorry I was out of the state and internet-less! Congrats on 100 posts!

doulanana said...

Love your suitcases! I love them too. Sometimes I tie all kinds of torn fabrics on the handles of some of them for a charming different look!

Steve said...

I have always had a passion for vintage suitcases, thought/think I could build a little business around my passion but I have hit a slight hitch!! A thrifty person should be able to tell me where to find merchants who supply vintage/antique suitcases. Ive just built a website promoting them and all I can find is replica suppliers!! And advise would be very welcome. Steve

Unknown said...

Steve, for suitcases at thrift stores. I have had the best luck in small towns and have never paid more than $3 for a suitcase. Good luck! What is the name of your website?

Unknown said...

If you were one of the first 5 to leave a comment, please email me at rethink crafts@gmail.com so I can get your info to send your prize!