Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 2: Profile Collage

This is an idea I got from a couple of projects I saw on Pinterest.com.  As usual, I look at Pinterest and get inspired to create using an idea I saw, but making it my own.  

I started by creating a magazine scrap collage that I covered with Mod Podge. 
I just cut up a cereal box to use as the background for my collage.   

I love looking for different colors and patterns in magazine pictures and advertising.  

Then I took a picture of my son in profile.  I traced the outline right off the computer.  Since the screen is illuminated, I can put a piece of white paper right up to the screen and trace right on the monitor.  I know this is probably not the best approach.  I have always been told not to touch my screen, let alone trace on it... but it worked for me.  I never have good luck trying to trace a shadow projected on a wall.

I cut out the profile, placed it on my dried collage and used black paint to  around the cut out pattern of the profile.  Just lift the profile off the paper, and you are done!

No comments: