Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Front Entry DIY

I have finally decided to tackle decorating my front entryway. Since we have moved in I have been looking for a great bench or some sort of shoe storage that was not going to cost me very much money. I have seen many wonderful storage benches and solutions, but have not wanted to fork out a hundred dollars or more to have it.



I recently found about 3 yards of IKEA fabric at Goodwill that were the right colors for my entryway. I decided to make my own upholstered bench to sit on while putting on shoes.



I found everything I would need at my local Re-Build It center and garage sales. Along with a handy husband, some spray paint and a staple gun, my bench was completed for less than $20.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

This turned out beautifully! i'm the same boat as you…really need an entryway bench but do not want to fork over $100-$300 for one.