Thursday, June 24, 2010

Recycled Arts Festival






This weekend is the Recycled Arts Festival at Ester Short Park in Vancouver, Washington. The festival runs June 26th and 27th from 9am-4pm. This is one of my favorite events of the year. Each of the artists uses recycled materials to make wonderful arts and crafts.
One of my favorite booths is the "Tossed and Found" booth. For the past 3 months, Waste Connections Inc. has been rescuing items that were heading to the landfill and collecting them for the Recycled Festival. The items are on display on Saturday for the public to see and be amazed at the perfectly good items some people threw away. Everyone is welcome to get a ticket and on Sunday there is a lottery. Tickets are drawn and if your number is called, you can go and find an item to take home. I walked away with a nice camping chair last year, but I have my eye on a comfy office chair this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I gave you a blog award today, because you are awesome :)

http://organicparenthood.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-blog-awards.html