Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What to do with all those Scraps


This winter, after making so many mittens from recycled sweaters for the numerous craft sales I went to, I ended up bags of scraps. I hate throwing those away in the garbage because they do not decompose... or at least not for hundreds of years. I always try and think about what I can make with those scraps. This scrappy wreath was what I came up with. I was able to use a variety of colors and had fun tying all those strips of scraps onto the foam base. My kids even joined in the fun. I think if I trimmed it a little more, it would look even better. Less sad and droopy. I am thinking of making more in different color schemes for different seasons. Making this wreath also allowed my to stop and think about all of the other projects I was working so frantically to finish this winter. Each scrap tells a story!

No comments: